Founder, BTG Productions
BTG Productions was founded in 1993 by Peabody Award-Winning documentary filmmaker Bari Pearlman. Bari's work and collaborations have been seen theatrically and broadcast around the world, and screened internationally at film festivals, cultural institutions and museums. Her work has been supported with major grants and artists residencies including Yaddo and the LMCC Artists' Residency on Governors Island. In addition to her own projects, Bari applies her broad experience to consult filmmakers in need of guidance on all aspects of the filmmaking process.
Bari's achievements as a Director include ...
▪ QUEEN OF METH, a 3-part Discovery+ Original documentary series about the rise and fall of a straight-talking drug queenpin, who also happens to be Tom Arnold's sister
▪ DEATH ROW STORIES, 5 episodes across three seasons of this acclaimed CNN criminal justice series (now airing on HBO MAX)
▪ LOOKING FOR LEPKE, a documentary installation at the Governors Island LMCC Artist Studios about her grandfather's gangster first cousin
▪ DAUGHTERS OF WISDOM, the award-winning feature documentary about the exceptional women of Kala Rongo Monastery in rural Nangchen, Tibet
▪ MAH-JONGG: THE TILES THAT BIND, the award-winning short documentary about the Jewish women who play this traditional Chinese game
As a Creative Producer, Bari has collaborated on numerous projects including ...
▪ ABSTRACT: THE ART OF DESIGN - Producer of 2 episodes (Olafur Eliasson and Cas Holman) of Season 2 of this IDA Award-winning Netflix series that goes inside the minds of the world's most innovative designers
▪ ROLL RED ROLL - Co-Producer of Nancy Schwartzman's award-winning feature documentary that examines the complicity of bystanders and rape culture in the notorious Steubenville high school sexual assault
▪THE NEW YORKER PRESENTS - Co-Producer/Story Producer of the Amazon Original series telling visual stories from the pages of the revered magazine
▪ HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO - Producer of Alexandra Shiva's Peabody Award winning HBO feature documentary about young adults on the autism spectrum preparing to attend a prom
▪ SMILE TIL IT HURTS: THE UP WITH PEOPLE STORY - Producer of Lee Storey's feature documentary about the darker side of that treacly, upbeat singing group
▪ FUGITIVE CHRONICLES - Producer of two episodes (John Hawkins and Darli Velazquez) of A&Es docuseries about the hunt for notorious fugitives from the perspective of those who caught them
▪ BLUE BLOODS - Post Production Supervisor of Season 1 of the hit CBS series starring Tom Selleck, Donnie Wahlberg and Bridget Moynihan
In addition to her film work, Bari was a Contributing Editor to Filmmaker Magazine for 12 years. She served as the Coordinator of the 1999 Classically Independent Film Festival Tour, Managing Director of the 1999 IFP American Independents in Berlin Program, Hospitality Director of the 1996 and 1997 Hamptons International Film Festival, and Managing Director of the 1997 New York Women's Film Festival. She began her career in the arts as a Development Officer for the Merce Cunningham Dance Company. She has also translated the fiction of Swedish author Jonas Gardell.
Bari is a member of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, the Producer's Guild of America, and NYWIFT.